Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a son

back in june, i had a car accident.  i was "alone" but 16 weeks pregnant and as my car spun around, my concern was for my baby.  

my car was totaled, but a car is a car.  i went immediately to my ob to have an ultrasound to check on our baby.

and that was the day, we found out that we were going to have our first son.  

as time wore on, i felt worried.  "what do i do with a boy?!" they are so different.  i know how to nurture a lip-gloss, tutu wearing twirler.  but what do i do with a little warrior?  with one whose first instinct is to create a sword rather than give a hug?

but now that he's here, i sure do love him.  he is quite a boy.  he has two modes: sleeping and full-throttle. and you don't want to cross him--take his paci and he gets mad.

but i'm so glad to have him. and my twirler loves to hug and kiss him.  we wouldn't trade him for the world.

No comments:

i love jesus, my family, life, and...