i get to raise 3 little souls. God entrusted me??!! with 3 little people. they amaze me everyday. they are cute. they are witty. they have beautiful hearts. they are FULL of LOVE. how did i get so lucky?
well, luck has nothing (i mean, nothing) to do with it. God has blessed me. God has loved me enough to give me (and charles) this amazing trio.
here's some of the amazing cuteness (in the last few days and weeks):
1. mylie (the other night in bed): "mom, i'm gonna let God into my heart."
2. when discussing the Easter story of Jesus telling them how Jesus was wrapped in his burial clothes and spices: mylie "jesus got that because he was dead. and stinky." charlie: "God is stinky?"
3. charlie (in the car today, singing): "skiddamarink a dink a dink, skiddamarink a doooo, i looooove cookies!"
4. charlie (whispering in my ear at bedtime as i rocked him): "mommy, i want to tell you a sacrit ('secret')." me: "yes, honey?" charlie (whispering with his sweet breath): "mommy, i LOOOVE you!"
5. mylie (every morning as i come downstairs...looking a little crazy, sometimes): "mommy, you look beYOUtiful today!"
6. charlie (although he has struggled losing his place as "the baby"): "zeke-y, you are going to stay with us forever and for always."
7. charlie: "mom, i don't remember the words. tell me this word in spinach." (he means "spanish"). (and btw, he knows all his colors in spanish and his numbers 1-10...he's two. wow. God made him. and, all of God's creations wow me.)
8. zeke: he is precious. smiling his cute smile and grin already. and, i'm convinced he's a hip hop dancer. he has quite a lot of cute moves.
there are so many more. every day. all day.
(disclaimer: we do have our struggles--quite a lot, but the joys fully outweigh the struggles. its all according to what i choose to focus on...)
thank you, Lord, for these amazing people that you put with us for these few short years.