Thursday, August 16, 2007

gotta love your silver

i was sitting at my dining room table this morning drinking tea (earl grey is my all time fav, these days) staring at my china, crystal, and silver. (staring is what a mom does after she lays her 1 year old down for a morning nap :) )

i realized that i REALLY need to clean my silver. its quite tarnished. but as i was looking at my silver, i saw something very interesting. the fake silver still looks beautiful...untarnished, clean, and lovely. why couldn't it all look like that?

how true that is even of our lives. sometimes we try so hard to make everything look and seem so beautiful but in reality we are only fake or appearing to be fake. sometimes the real stuff gets dirty, the real stuff needs to be cleaned. then its WAY more valuable than the beautiful fake stuff.

don't overlook someone or yourself because there is a little dirt, a little grime, or a lot of yuck. with some patient 'polishing,' you (and i, because i need a lot of polishing) will be the most valuable thing around.

2 comments:

Kandyss said...

WOW! I had to read it twice just to let it soak in!

All the effort to be a beautiful fake - that is a big part of my testimony! I used to try so hard to fit in, to be everyone's perception of beauty, and it never worked. It actually did a lot more harm than good because I lost so much of who I was. It is taking so long to learn who I am, at least learn as much as I should know by now. For example, I am just learning about my own basic likes and dislikes!

One thing that I have learned is that a lot of "beauty" and "normal" is relative. What I mean is, who says what is beautiful or normal? If you think something is normal, then it is normal to you until you learn what someone thinks is normal. At that point, you can accept their "normal," reject theirs and keep yours, or accept both. The same thing goes for beauty. It is up to you to choose!

How many times have you walked out of the house and loved your outfit, to later hear someone's [negative] comment about it and feel embarrassed about your choice of clothes?

Or maybe that was just me...
:-)

When you love yourself, then you can be yourself, and being yourself is BEAUTIFUL

Unknown said...

miss t, i've heard so much about miele designs, but haven't seen any yet. do you have a website?

thanks for the b'day text!

i love jesus, my family, life, and...